Thursday, December 15, 2022

Click

The side gig teaching university has potentially blossomed into another opportunity, which now has me spinning a little. I asked the director for some more information about it, expecting perhaps a job description handbook to come to me in an email. Instead she asked me to meet her in a Zoom call. The Zoom call suddenly meant staying in my clothes when I would normally be in my pajamas, which was a little stressful. But more than that, really, was the fact that it suddenly felt like I was going to a job interview, which is something I have not done for a very long time. However, it went very well. The director made the job sound very good. Some instruction. Some administrative work. No need to leave my house if I don't want to. (Ummm. Perfect.) Some paid time to work on my doctorate (what?!). No overtime. She told me I am a good candidate and encouraged me to apply. She also told me that the other Associate Director recommended me. Not to sound cocky because I do not know who else might be applying for this gig, but I feel like I have a good shot at it if I decide to pursue it. That's a crazy thought that I could leave public education just like that. In the middle of the school year. It's wild. If I was P, I might just dive in and see what happens. He's brave like that. But in my own way, I am whirring a bit about gains and losses, loves and not-loves, people and screens. And all those things. There is time to think.

No comments: