Tuesday, December 01, 2015

intuitive all wheel drive

Today marks the first day of Part Two of the Wellness Project I'm implementing with the juniors.  It makes me one of the people on the boss' Nice list for a change because she likes looking innovative and  clever, especially when someone else is doing the legwork.  The fact is that I am doing this because I want to and because I care about it, and I did long before it became the current fashion in education.  But being on the Nice List really does change the world.

I'm quite accustomed to being ignored and stepped around by this administrator.  Lately she has been asking for my opinion on things, and actually doing what I state as my preference.  This is all very new.  The last time I had a principal who really seemed to like me a lot was 1998.  Hah!  I won't get comfortable or used to being her pet though, because surely something new will come down the pipe shortly that she needs to jump on.  And the next time it won't happen to be my thing.


*

Yesterday after school a student approached me and asked if we could talk about his suicidal ideation.  Here we go again.


*

No comments: