Friday, November 27, 2015

tools

So I hired a lawyer.  This was never really the plan.  I was thinking a bit of tough talk might cut it.  (Nope.)  Or some wangling and begging. (Also nope.)  It turns out no one wants to get involved in these sorts of things, even when they know you're right, because it opens them to liability.  And no one wants a lawsuit.  No one.  Not even industry experts with thirty years experience to back them.

So after a lot of sleepless nights, I decided to go the legal route, with all its costs and extra stresses.  I find myself obsessed in the truest sense of the word.  I am having trouble thinking of much else.  It interrupts my sleep all the time.  And my work is suffering.  Maybe I'm having trouble focusing at work because I'm having trouble sleeping.  Seriously.  I cannot sleep.  And I'm so tired.

I've been pretending I'm not worried about this, but I'm worried about this.  What if I actually live in a world where people get away with this kind of thing?  It's entirely possible that I do.  And this steals a bit more of my sleep.  I'm pretending to be confident because I think it might help me win.  But I'm actually not confident.  I'm tired.  And I'm unsure of what will happen next.


*

No comments: