Friday, August 28, 2015

luck and lint

Five and a half hours until the party is supposed to begin.  I sort of wish I hadn't planned this.  Waking up extra early to put raw meat in the oven made me feel ill.  And now the whole house smells like meat.  And my clothes, and my hair.  Gross.  And since then I have been doing things, doing things, doing things.  Like making ice.  And vaccuuming the carpet.  And fussing.  I hate this kind of thing.  It's not me.  What was I thinking?


*

Yesterday my dentist fucked up my dizzy head again.  It was going really well, no dizzies for almost a month.  Then he ignored my request and tipped that stupid chair way too far back and it all went to hell.  I was able to do the physio maneuvers effectively by myself when I got home, which was good, but it's a setback nonetheless, yet another injury to the ear canal that will require time to feel normal again.  Today I feel better, not actively spinning, just off, the way this thing goes.  To add insult to injury, the dentist was irritated with me and made it clear that he thought I was overreacting when I told him I could not lie back anymore.  I am now looking for a new dentist who will listen to me, and work with me to make it safe for me to get my teeth cleaned.  But not until this party is over.


*



No comments: