Monday, August 31, 2015

glue

The party was good.  My fussing was unnecessary, of course.  In what universe would anyone notice if my baseboards were dusty?  These are the kinds of things that can overtake my OCD-inclined mind in the countdown hours.  And then I drank gin and tonic and felt better.  Lots of people, lots of food.  I had a good time.

Saturday the storm blew in and knocked out all the power lines for 48 hours.  You wouldn't believe how many times I could walk into a dark room and automatically flick a useless light switch without thinking about it.  The mall was overrun with teenagers charging their cell phones at outlets in the corridors.  And fast food places ran out of food while all our food spoiled in the dead refrigerators.  A little taste of the apocalypse.  I hope it's over.  There are still pockets of neighbourhoods without power restored.  I hope those unfortunate people won't come and try to break into my house and eat my brain and charge their phones in my outlets.


*


No comments: