Saturday, April 26, 2014

Shawn and I are leaving in an hour to go spend the weekend on the island.  J is staying home and looking after the dogs (except Fee, who will come with us) and having girlfriends over.  Everyone likes this arrangement (except quite likely, the dogs, who would rather not be left home).

This is not just a holiday, although it is the first time Shawn and I have been able to go away together in a very long time.  It is a fact finding mission.  We are looking with different eyes now and asking ourselves specific questions.  Where would J go riding here?  Where would we want to live?  Where would we go hiking?  Where would we shop for groceries?  That kind of thing.

I am hoping it will bring some kind of clarity - to both of us - about whether or not we are going to make this next move.



*


2 comments:

Unknown said...

how exciting, the island... It sounds like a far away place, definitely the start of an adventure. I wonder though, will J be able to travel to the bright city lights when she needs to, and whether she travels back as often as you would like. I am completely out of my depth on this one, but I hated being at home once I became a teen. Her case might be different though. She may never want to leave. Some kids leave, but need years of financial support I hear is common these days. Some kids don't need the kick of the city, but many of the friends I had did, so it made it easier like that I suppose. I think I assume many of the kids are the same as when I was young, big mistake.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Good luck on coming to a decision!