Monday, April 07, 2014

daily things

Looks like Crazy Sue gets the last word.  Even though she is on a stress leave, and has been for almost a year now, the union requires her job to be protected in case she ever decides to return.  And that leaves me without enough students to have a full job next year teaching Drama.

So I have two choices.  One is to let admin piece together some kind of patchwork dogshit teaching assignment made up of remnants that they can't get anyone else to teach.  Or I can apply out to other schools and find something else.

Both these choices are lousy; typical union nonsense protecting Crazy Sue because she has seniority regardless of the fact that she is:
- a horrible teacher
- disinterested in teaching Drama
- on a fake sick leave to avoid dealing with being disciplined
- a horrible human being

It is very disheartening, and in particular upsetting because my new principal is a robot who really does not care about people's feelings as long as she has the right numbers in the right columns.  She delivered the news with no empathy, just the facts, and demonstrated no interest in fighting this stupid union bullshit.

So now what.  I'm not sure yet, but I know it doesn't motivate me to put much effort into finishing out this year positively.  I just want to quit.


*




3 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

Well, damn.

Unknown said...

I am doing karate chops all around my house for you ;o)

mischief said...

Chop harder, chop faster! ;)