Friday, May 27, 2011

if i didn't i'm a fool, you see no one knows this more than me

I used to believe in Eddie Vedder more than I believed in anything.  

Sometimes I try to copy his hands on the guitar, try to pick the way he does.  I really can't do it.

Sometimes I try to count his breaths; Stay with me, let's just breathe.  Sometimes I can still tremble on the edge of that particular cliff like I was twenty-three and miss that specific kind of ache more than I have ever missed anything.  I have no idea what to do when that feeling overwhelms and then recedes, and overwhelms again, what to do with the brackish lines it leaves behind inside.


*

8 comments:

Spindrift said...

You are a dead set poet, beautiful:o). The color spelt without the U is a new thing, and I get used to writing for others. I see the U dropped a lot. Also my computer is set on U.S. grammar. It makes those little red squiggly lines under the word, to make you feel like you're doing something wrong. I've tried to change the setting a couple of times, but it really wants to be U.S. style because it never lasts, so I live with it and confuse myself. I think though if I was writing an essay I would use the u, as with behaviour. The uni I go to prefer the english not being the U.S. style. You didn't need to know all that, but it kind of went around in my head for a while. You are very perceptive, I would never think to ask that kind of thing, to notice that kind of detail. I'm sure this is a highly honed skill you have developed. One of many:p safe journey. Paul

Spindrift said...

I think it's also because I intuitively want to work out what others want, so through force of habit I have changed to suit the audience. It's connected I think to not wanting to have my own voice because I don't think I deserve one. Thank you Wink for all of your ongoing support;o)

mischief said...

I think your voice is coming along very nicely.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Lost youth leaves behind a brackish line inside. This post is lovely and perfect. You amaze me.

Jerry said...

When feelings do overwhelm one can either float with them or step back and figure out why. I am a 'figure out why' kinda' guy.

mischief said...

Thanks Susan. Jerry, how about doing both at once?

glnroz said...

fighting the current is useless,,, ride the waves that crest,,,

Misterio Vida said...

so you can have your own way with guitar :)