Saturday, December 04, 2010

je m'souviens

I wish there was a way to sleep in longer on the weekends, a way to convince my mind that it doesn't need to be alert so early on a Saturday, but I don't seem to believe myself when I tell myself it is okay to sleep, to stay in bed until the sun rises.  The pups are overjoyed that I wake up early; they know if they follow me downstairs they'll be given some breakfast, and unlike me they have no trouble going back to sleep afterward.  Four tiny warm bodies, full bellies, noses touching tails, surround me and smother me, snoring into my lap and keeping me warm.  Saturdays are good.


*

6 comments:

Jerry said...

I too am awake before dawn on weekends and am irked by the fact. I'll even stay up late the night before....but it makes no difference.

Love the puppy image.

mischief said...

Your time stamp says you were here at 5:24am on Sunday morning, which means you *really* get up early on the weekends. And of course I'm imagining that when you arrive here you are fully dressed in your jeans and black button-up-the-front shirt with white lines on it. So you must have been up for at least twenty minutes before *that* so you could be presentable. That's a really early start to Sunday.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

What kind of puppies? J'aime des chiots.

mischief said...

Italian greyhounds. They are my puppy soul mates.

secret agent woman said...

Iggies! I always thought it would be fun to get an Italian greyhound as a "pet" for our greyhound. Same color, so it would look like a mini me.

I wake up early on weekends, too after weekdays of getting up at 5:45. sleeping until 8 is like crazy sleeping in for me.

mischief said...

Hah, a pet for the pet, I like it. Why've I never seen pictures of your greyhound? In many ways IGs are incompatible friends for English Greyhounds because they are far less polite, less sedate, less mellow. They bound around like lunatics and upset other dogs. I cannot take them to the dog park because their fast movements aggravate other dogs who mistake them for rabbits and give chase.