Friday, December 03, 2010

1.  Three days until the show goes up, seven days until I get my life back.

2.  I bought my gift exchange gift and placed it in the anon-box so I wouldn't have to accompany it to the staff Christmas party.

3.  Time until Christmas break = two weeks, ten working days, four of which are fourteen hour days.  Yeah, that's still too many minutes to count.


*



Tomorrow we have another meeting with our financial advisor.  Boring.  I am glad that Shawn is proactive about this kind of thing because my attitude about it is completely negligent.  Shawn's got plans, big plans, like buying an enormous - like a small house - sailboat, retiring young, and paying off the mortgage soon.  He understands money and I don't, which is why he wants a financial advisor and why I sit in those meetings sighing inwardly and wishing they could just work out the stuff without me and leave me alone until I sign the papers.  I know this stance is not in my own best interest and for that reason I have been trying hard to pay attention in the meetings, but so far I really haven't had much luck.  Maybe tomorrow I'll do better.  It's possible.

Following the meeting as a fuck-you to the financial advisor we are going to go buy an infrared sauna.  Just like money, Shawn knows things about infrared therapy.  He can spout all sorts of fascinating information about healing and muscle recovery, immunity and disease prevention, etcetera and so forth, and he thinks that with this new piece of equipment in our lives we will live longer healthier lives.  I just like the idea of being warm in the winter and plan on hanging out in there until March.  So talk to you later.  In the spring.


*

5 comments:

Jerry said...

I planned on retiring at 35. Then 45. Then 55. Then... Maybe I should have invested in an infrared therapy thingie.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

The world is divided between those who understand money and those who don't. I am, unfortunately, in the latter camp, which is doubtless why I don't have much of it. But it's impossible to focus on that which is not really of interest, even though it "should" be. Good luck with the infrared sauna, though -- I hope you live forever.

secret agent woman said...

I sometimes wonder if I'll ever get to retire. (Not that I'm ready yet.) But I am also counting the days. 13 work days for me, but two of them just half-days.

mischief said...

I want to retire now, like today. I hope the home stretch to the holidays is an easy one.

mischief said...

Thank you Susan. I'm definitely in the "don't understand it" camp, which means, I suspect that I'm equally happy with lots of it or very little of it. I don't think I can tell the difference.