Thursday, April 25, 2019

in the works

Everything starts to settle - to some degree.  But some things remain inalterably different in the landscape, and my body responds to the difference reflexively, while my brain moves in slow motion. Sometimes my dogs instinctively hump one another, although they are all male.  And when I intervene to disentangle the victim from the perpetrator, the perpetrator frequently does not notice that the object of his affection is gone and continues to hump the air around him, hips acting independently of all his other senses that should help him realise that there is no point.

This is how I imagine myself now, vaguely humping the air and the legs of furniture as I stumble around blindly wondering what the hell is going on.  My brain is misty and my body is on fire and this makes it impossible to think clearly or behave rationally.  (I am not trying to.  I have chosen to let my body lead.)

*

No comments: