Monday, April 01, 2019

home.

I've been home since Friday afternoon.  It is interesting how the more times I make the spring break trip to Europe, the easier it is to manage both the jetlag and the fast emotional shifting. Slovenia/Austria/Liechtenstein/Switzerland/Germany.  12 days, 5 countries.  Reverie and exhaustion and beauty and wonder... ... ... 

(RW's boot camp style was less intense this year, and I spent time mulling over whether this was because of TW being less able to keep up, or whether he is growing up.  In any case, it was appreciated.)

Also:
- I spent significantly too much time with AN, which is a strange feeling I have chosen to go ahead and dive straight into anyway.  (Why?)
- I got my nipples re-pierced instead of having a lunch break in Switzerland.  (Again, why?)
- RW made me reconsider my plan to leave my school and apply for a district level position.  He made a great deal of sense when I was filled with wine.  I will have to test his theories when sober.

Being home was an easier adjustment back than it has sometimes been.  No dreams of the streets of Europe this time (why?).  No significant feelings of jetlag.  I was able to do a hard half hour Peloton ride on Saturday, and we did a five hour hike on Sunday (why???).  I loved Lucerne the most - but I am self-aware enough to recognize that I was bathing in post-piercing endorphins all that afternoon, which will have biased my perceptions.

Home also means back to work.  


*





*

No comments: