Monday, October 08, 2018

SBT

Thursday's meeting was the funniest in a long time.  I was laughing at my own stupidity as much as anyone else's.  Truncated meeting notes:

admin:  Last June, I placed a billion pieces of paper in each of your mailboxes with no instructions as to what to do with them.  My assumption is that you pulled out the pieces relevant to you and your students and filed them, then passed on the rest of the pile to another department.  Did everyone do that?

N:  (lost down an entirely different rabbit hole)  I am looking at our intake form and wondering if I should adjust the font... mumble mumble

C:  What?  No one told me that!  I didn't know what to do with the giant pile of paper so I threw the whole thing in the recycling bin.  This is someone else's fault.

M:  Umm... what are we talking about?  I didn't get any papers.  No one can prove I did.

me:  Fuck, I thought I was supposed to file all the papers.  So I stayed late three days in a row and did everyone else's work as well as my own.

 (curtain)

 This dialogue summed up all our dysfunction beautifully and I could not stop laughing during this meeting even though admin was becoming irritated.  I have no regrets.  Except for the part where I did all the filing.


*

No comments: