Sunday, February 14, 2016

the best parts of lonely

On Friday, R mentioned that she felt something was up with BB because she has been extra vicious lately.  I said nothing but I know exactly what is up with BB.  She has been trying (unsuccessfully, so far) to conceive.  Apart from the fact that it signifies pain, I quite love it when BB is vicious.  There is a kind of vicarious satisfaction to be garnered from observing someone else trampling on delicate things that look too pretty to be useful or intelligent or real.  This is probably why reality television shows starring people who are mentally ill are very popular.  I hope BB gets pregnant but I am concerned that she won't, that the chemotherapy has done some damage.


*

I went back to Bikram yoga on Saturday at J's urging, and found it was completely possible to do the class without becoming dizzy.  It makes me wonder how much of my problem is psychological at this point, and how much is physical.  Fear has been preventing me from doing things that I can do.  This is important to remember.  However, I did not go back to yoga today, not because of dizziness but because I wanted to run outside in the rain instead.  (Sometimes I like that feeling of drowning a little from breathing cold humid air very fast.)


*




4 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

Ooh, that's hard wanting to have a baby and not being able to. I feel badly for her.

I am not on LinkdIn and still get requests all the time.too.

mischief said...

I do too. She is enduring all kinds of injections and other invasive therapies. I hope it is worthwhile.

Spinplace said...

the thing about linkedin is that someone can automatically send invites to people they have had various dealins or contact with, for example your email list from every account that you have ever had. linkedin reminds the user to do this periodically with pop up boxes. for some, the invites will not stop from certain persons. it is part of the play.

where I do like linkedin is where I contact certain people I do not know. I have to a small degree done this with Facebook, but to a larger degree with linkedin. I did this because my news feed was about business stuff because that's the fields I had mostly worked in. now it is full of people from fields I want to work in and some other inspirational people to boot. social media is a way of dragging in the awesome, liker twitter, for me, without doubt, the greatest of them all, by far, so far

mischief said...

That's making it work for you. I am not really in a place where it works for me. I just watch it happen around me …