Thursday, February 11, 2016

season ending injuries

Sometimes I feel a bit betrayed when my regular news anchor gets a haircut.  Change is difficult for me.

*

RW is, I think, devastated that he will not be in Europe in March this year.  If I was RW's wife I could not help but be mildly insulted at how sad he is at the prospect of staying home with his family.  But I recognize it is not about them.  Unexpectedly I feel a little bit of it too.  This is the time of year when I am normally feeling wistful and slightly anxious about leaving my family.  To comfort himself, RW has begun to plan next year's trip.  If everything works out, we will go to Berlin next March.  Amsterdam.  And Paris.  I wish I could bring RW with me to New York in two weeks; he is a good travel companion.


*

No comments: