Saturday, February 06, 2016

look for these titles

Sometimes "Linked In", in spite of the fact that I do not have an account, still invites me to reconnect with people I have forgotten.  Today it asked me to link with B, a woman who used to work with me before she left to become more important.  An edu-lebrity, a Ted Talk Queen, as if she wasn't enviable enough.  You know those types who post photos of themselves effortlessly hiking Machu Picchu when you're still trying to figure out how people remember to take their garbage bags outside consistently on garbage day.  I did not link.  Not out of spite, but because we are already linked in other ways.  (Linked enough for me to know about Machu Picchu.)  I have not yet determined why anyone wants to link with someone who works in public education as there is no networking involved in public service jobs, which is, incidentally, one of the main reasons I like this kind of work.

*


No comments: