Friday, January 31, 2014

I drive around in my pajamas pretty often.  For the most part, it is J's fault.  She does not yet have her license to drive, but her out-of-the-house life is pretty active.  She rides horses three times a week.  She shops.  She visits friends.  She needs a ride somewhere all the time.  But my out-of-the-house life is pretty quiet, so much so that it makes sense to me, in general, to put on my pajamas at about 4:30pm most of the time.  So when J wants another ride somewhere, I just cannot see myself getting dressed again just to get in the car and drive.  So I drive her around in my pajamas.  I am the most unprofessional-looking chauffeur in the world.  Sometimes I worry that I will get in a car accident or get a ticket for something while dressed in my pajamas at 4:30 in the afternoon, but it does not stop me from taking my chances.



*

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Secret Agent Woman said...

Just the other night my younger son called at nearly 10pm because he'd locked his keys in my car. Yes, I went to fetch him in pajamas.

mischief said...

Excellent. At 10pm, I think you are slightly less ridiculous than I am at 4:30. :)

Brown said...

Hahaha...this is why I chuckle when I pass by a fender bender and there's a disheveled, pajama-clad motorist looking like a strung out character on an episode of 'Cops' pacing on the roadside. I never leave the house unless I'm appropriately dressed and matching. I secretly long for a life of the freedom you possess though, but I'm mortified of being on a you tube video in my pajamas.

mischief said...

That's exactly the mental image I have that scares me every time I do this. But I still cannot bring myself to get dressed just to go for a drive. But you're right, if I ever get into a fender bender, the cops are going to assume that I'm on something.