Friday, April 12, 2013

Crazy Sue again

I'm thinking about leaving the theatre program and finding a job teaching something else.  Anything else, really, that will put me in a different part of the building so I do not need to spend any time around or near Crazy Sue.

This morning I spoke with one of the administrators about my fears about next year.  (Crazy Sue is slotted to teach in the same space with me again.)  I explained about the unpredictable attacks, the resulting anxiety, the scars on the children who have borne witness.  And the administrator said she sympathized, she cared, she valued me, and blah blah blah blah, but couldn't promise she could do anything about it.  This is pretty much what I anticipated.  It kind of negates all the positives, but I also empathize with the fact that administrators in this province have no teeth because the union has them very much neutered.

So now what?  I told admin my next step would be an internal transfer to a new position if one comes up that works.  And failing that, perhaps transfer to another school.  And they appreciate me and they care about me and they don't want me to go, blah blah blah blah.   But.  And that's where I think I probably need to draw the line for myself, for my own health.  Because Crazy Sue makes me sick.

My union rep says leaving is letting her win and that I should file a grievance.  This is unappealing, but I don't know, maybe I should do it.  The result will probably be mediation, a kiss and make up session, the thought of which makes me nauseous, but the union rep seems to think it's a good idea in that it creates a paper trail.  I don't really care about the paper trail that much.  Crazy Sue will kill me and eat me before the trail is long enough for them to find her at the end of it, crouched over my carcass devouring my intestines with her bloody snout glistening in the moonlight.  (I love catastrophic language; that made me laugh out loud like a lunatic.)




*





2 comments:

Brown said...

what? No howling? I'm sure she'd howl no? Loved the imagery...I watch way too many movies.

mischief said...

Actually I probably shouldn't compare her to a wolf because I think wolves are rather lovely. She's some kind of mythical beast, maybe a Cerberus. Does Cerberus howl? If so, then yes. Her multiple heads would howl at the moon as she devoured my entrails.