Saturday, April 13, 2013

charge it like a puzzle

Usually I trim my own hair.  I grab chunks of it and hack away at it with dull scissors.  When I think I am done I hold a mirror above my head so I can look at the reflection in the bathroom mirror and then lop off a few stray bits.  Then I shake it out and forget about it for several months.  It isn't an expensive system, and not very often does anyone point out that it isn't exactly perfect.  Most of the time it suits me just fine.

But today for some reason I decided to get a real haircut, the kind where they wash it and blow it dry, and spray sweet smelling expensive things on your head and then try to sell them to you.  The woman cutting my hair proclaimed my artwork "interesting" as she evened up the jaggedy line.  She used fancy scissors that cut multiple layers into my hair at once, a feat I cannot accomplish with my blunt kitchen scissors.  I have to admit that the end result was significantly better than my own efforts.  It kind of makes me sad that it won't last and I will inevitably feel compelled to bust out the safety scissors and make it all raggedy again.


*


4 comments:

meno said...

I sometime cut my own bangs between haircuts. The woman who cuts my hair always says "Who did this to you?".

mischief said...

Haha, yeah mine said, "I just wanted to make sure no one charged you money for this." Maybe I should have gone to beauty school. Nah.

Brown said...

Lol...You know, you could just say you got it done AT a beauty school. Then she would just shake her head and say, "Ohhhhh....well that explains it."

mischief said...

Oh god. I once had my hair cut at a beauty school when I was in university and trying to save money. What a terrible experience. Not that the haircut was bad, particularly, but the guy who did it was in a hurry to go home and was put out about having to detangle my long long long mop of hair, so he dragged his comb through it furiously, tugging and ripping, and absolutely punishing me for keeping him there.