Thursday, October 06, 2011

if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something going wrong around here

T tells me his ex-wife has stolen his car.  I know this isn't meant to be funny but something about it makes me struggle not to giggle.  I hide my mouth behind my cup.  He is annoyed but not nearly as angry as one would expect a person to be in this situation.  There is weariness as he relates the story.  I have the distinct impression that she does things like this all the time.  When I feel more in control of my mouth I come out from behind the cup and ask him why he has not contacted the police.  He says that if he does he will never get to see his dog again.  I hastily retreat back behind the cup.



*

5 comments:

Nic said...

As explained on blog later, I assumed I was fairly emotionless today, but I haven't stopped laughing yet. I shouldn't. I really shouldn't. I can just see you in my mind. In fact, I have laughed so loudly, Missy has run to the hall.xx

secret agent woman said...

There's a country song in that story.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Oh, I love it. I am still laughing, no cup included. Secret Agent is right.

Jerry said...

Oddly enough, this reminds me of a typical episode of Northern Exposure.

J.B. Chicoine said...

This is the kind of stuff writers build stories on! And I agree with Jerry, it does sound like a Northern Exposure episode!