Sunday, November 14, 2010

Anthropic Fallacy

Cold outside this morning, cold and misty grey.  My breath hangs in the air a moment before it dissipates when I step outside to refill the bird feeders.  I like this weather; the birds crowd and huddle around the feeders singing that they do not mind the rain, and I live indoors so why should I?

It is a coffee and toast morning, good coffee that warms me from inside, good bread with honey and sunflower seeds.  (Sunflower seeds, I eat them too.  As well as sing I do not mind the rain.)  It is a blue sweater morning, blue jeans, blue coffee cup held in two hands, eyes meeting over the cup rims, eyes that look like crisp blue mornings.

A morning with clear purposes like chapters and phone calls and all these things are manageable, not too much but just enough to make the morning last.  I gather clean laundry from the dryer in my arms, its warmth soaks through my skin... I bury my face in it and breathe.






*

14 comments:

secret agent woman said...

The other day I opened the dryer to pull out a load of clothes and just want to crawl inside all that warmth.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Mmmm, nice. I think the dailiness of life, its small details, is where we really live.

~d said...

I want you to move to Arizona, please.

mischief said...

Clothes from the dryer... love them.

d~ Will you help me start my own turtle nursery? And come out for pizza with me at the Organ Stop?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will do anything you like, if only you'll come here.

Anonymous said...

This is what I'm making for Ma because she likes roosters.

http://crossstitchworld.com/cross-stitch-detail.php?RecordID=42978

Anonymous said...

Wait, that's not it. Disregard.

glnroz said...

only thing better that clothes fresh out of the dryer,,would be fresh off the clothes line,,i miss the clothes line,,

mischief said...

d~ R likes Roosters. I didn't know. Do you really know how to make a thing like that? I know that's not the *one* but still. She will be so pleased. I wish I could make things like that. And I wish I had a rooster instead of an alarm clock. Except I wake up before the sun, before the clock, so probably before the rooster too.

G~ why can't clothes still go on the clothesline? I wouldn't try it here because it's always raining here. But maybe somewhere dry. Or is it all too busy for that now? (Once when I was a child I left a towel outside to dry on the deck and it froze solid, and when I tried to pick it up to bring it in it broke right in half. I will never forget that.)

Jerry said...

Some days it feels good to feel good.

Dayana Stockdale said...

Oh I'd like to be in that morning. Perhaps I'll have one like that tomorrow, when it's not too much, but just enough.
In fact, I had one today!

mischief said...

Jerry, not only that it feels good to feel good, but that feeling good sometimes comes so easy. Especially with coffee and toast, birds and sunrises.

Dayana, I hope you have lots more.

Dayana Stockdale said...

Hi there!

Thank you soo much for your thoughtful comment on my post. I've been thinking and processing a lot lately, and your comment was one of the things whirling through my brain, helping to sort everything.

mischief said...

Usually I am not the one people come to for help with sorting, but every now and then miracles do happen.