Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Once I start I cannot stop myself.

Without a doubt I like massage. I could fall in love with the massage therapist just the same way I fell in love with the man who did my first tattoo and it was all about endorphins and had nothing to do with his ratty little beard and broken teeth. I was a little apprehensive but after talking to the massage therapist for a few minutes I felt reassured. Almost like I'd had a couple of drinks I was suddenly ready to get naked and feel good. And it was so so good. She told me that my hips were resting unevenly; after a little questioning she said it was probably because of the fact that I spend a lot of time sitting cross-legged on the floor. The right leg always goes on top because that's how I bend. But she said I should try reversing the sit to make my other hip stretch the same way. Not to worry, she told me, because with a little manipulation my hips were back in even alignment. I thought this was nice... left to my own devices I tend to get a little askew, but with a bit of decisive coaxing I can be brought back in line. And I guess I like being brought back in line.



*

6 comments:

secret agent woman said...

Ooh, it's a metaphor. :-)

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I'm so glad it was wonderful, and that you can so easily be brought back in line. (If she takes out handcuffs next time, RUN. Especially if there is a whip involved. Or a studded collar.)

mischief said...

secret agent: What you are about to witness will astound and amaze you. If at any time during the following you feel faint with disbelief please place your head between your knees. Using just my typing fingers I will cause figures of speech to flow like water (simile).

heart: Unfortunately I do not think my benefit plan covers anything so exciting or beneficial to my health. It does, however, cover acupuncture, which is as far as I can tell a little less edgy than piercing. But I'll give it a try anyway... wouldn't you?

Brown said...

Woohoo! I'm sooooo excited you got your massage and enjoyed it. A little re-alignment isn't a bad bonus. Sounds like you found someone who knows a little about what she's doing.

One of the tenants in massage is to do to one side what you do to the other. This philosophy can easily be applied to life, as well as our bodies....all in the pursuit of balance....

mischief said...

I hope she knows what she's doing, otherwise having someone pull on my legs seems weird. I have been trying to remember to cross in the other direction but it feels weird. I guess I'm unbalanced.

Brown said...

Lol...we all are.