Sunday, February 07, 2010

A's paintings make me like him more which is interesting to me because I have found him hard to like at times, hard to stomach even. The fact that CC found things to love about him didn't help me to. When I bought his paintings at first it was out of love for her, not for his work, but now that the paintings are here in my house I can see something different. I can see waking by pale light, I see small bricks of ice and sunbursts and cliffs and people and water spray and shadows. And I see that there's more to A than I know, that he's not the same person I thought he was when I met him. Something's different but I do not know what it is. Is it me?



*

4 comments:

Ellen said...

HELLOOOO...Remember me?
I miss you tons. Things have been tons crazy here, and it sounds like the same can be said for there! I want an e-mail or something updating me on EVERYTHING.

Where is Mr Bellows off to?
What's going on with work, school and parenthood?
And most of all, how the heck are YOU, Scrappy friend?

Love you lots
Kisses
ME

mischief said...

Remember you? I pine for you. Where have you been? Bellows got a crazygood contract in NZ so he's jumping ship... but not sure when yet. Takes time to get visas sorted out and all those details. Work is just one thrilling escapade after another, as always, and so is parenting. Child says my name literally six hundred times a day and I'm warned that within the next year or so she might not want to talk to me anymore at all. Why can there be nothing in between? School, sigh. I have a 25 page paper due on Tuesday which I haven't started yet. So my weekend is looking dark. No email until after Tuesday.... but then I promise. 'Til then tell me how you're doing too.
lovexxx

mischief said...

Hey I can't find your email address... why? Help!

Ellen said...

hmmm...i'll e-mail it to you!