Sunday, March 08, 2009

35

And the weekend is over already. Although I love the affirmation that spring is really here, I resent the loss of that hour of sleep, particularly the loss of an hour of weekend. I would like to convince the powers that be that it would be best to take that hour out of a Monday afternoon, sending me home from work an hour earlier. Who wouldn't like a shorter work day once a year?

I got my paper turned in on time (not marked yet) and the accompanying powerpoint presentation is due Tuesday. I worked on it awhile this afternoon while Shawn took Little J out for a haircut, and I don't think it should be a problem to have it done in time. It's not worth a lot of marks so I'm not sweating it too much. Besides, powerpoint is for suckers.

Today was my birthday. Shawn brought me breakfast - sweet thang - and then I had to supervise a visit with C, who actually managed to behave reasonably for the third week in a row. I'm not sure what to expect from her and it makes me nervous. Visits in public places are better, yes.

Homework in the afternoon, and then Shawn brought back some dinner... so it was a day of junk food and other thrilling things. Aging is great.


*

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday my dear Scrappy heart-friend. I love ya and think of you always. ~HUGE HUGS and SHOCKTART KISSES~

mischief said...

Hey you... nice to know you're still out there! Miss you and love ya lots! xxx