Thursday, May 14, 2020

Doctor Bright.

S's friend/ J's guitar teacher died yesterday.  His cancer was aggressive and it looks like he only had four weeks or so from the  time it was diagnosed to the time he died.  Unreal.  I have wanted to talk about this, the shock, with various people.  But at this point in my life it is hard to think of a friend who isn't currently already worried about a loved one with cancer.  And I am trying not to make anyone more worried.

S is struggling with it; it makes him want to quit his job and go chase down joy, and I can't help but feel that along with him.  (It's always been my greatest fear to have my husband die suddenly.)  My mirror neurons are ridiculous.  I feel my eyes leaking every time one of them starts to get emotional.  I have my own feelings, of course; I knew him too, I liked him too.  But I wasn't as close as they were.  The root of my emotion is tangled around theirs, and around thinking about his heartbroken wife.



*


No comments: