Sunday, November 17, 2019

crickets

I talked with A last night, - and it turns out I do not know anything about what other people (besides me) are thinking and feeling.  It isn't the kind of shift I was batoning down for.  Shifts in his health choices, perhaps.  If anything this has shifted me more than it has shifted him, and I find myself strangely and unexpectedly at peace with all of those changes in me.  I have more room inside me than I thought I did.  And more willingness and desire to change than I would have anticipated.

*

I spent the day downtown with C and L.  C was my work momma for a lot of years, including some difficult ones, and seeing her happy and well is always good.  And L, crazy and unpredictable and all over the place... I still enjoy her stories and her ignoramus comments and her kookiness.  But at the end of the day I am tired, mentally.  Tired from listening, tired from absorbing all her energy and chaos.  It is much like being at work.

*

Work will be short this week.  I have taken Thursday off to go to the dentist, and Friday I will be at the union office all day doing mediation training (which is sort of unnecessary but still a nice break break from the routine).

*

The time change is still throwing me off two weeks later.  I have such a hard time feeling like doing anything when it's dark at 5pm.  I am in my pajamas and thinking about my bed.

*



No comments: