Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Return

I went back to work today.  I got there early, but N was there before me, which is what he used to do before I was Department Head.  He said that he wanted to take the Department Head responsibility off my plate until the end of the month to give me time to recover and come back to work slowly.  I appreciated this enormously (while I simultaneously wondered how I could possibly have said no if I really didn't want this to happen).  I do want it, though, I really do.  It was a relief to come back and be given time to manage my own desk instead of having to start managing everyone else right away.

The neurologist said I was having a "complex" migraine, which really sucks, but it's a whole lot better than any of the other terrible things I was afraid of.  The good thing is that I now have some medications that are supposed to prevent me from becoming dysfunctional for 10 day stretches in the future.  I hope they work.  These migraine symptoms, because they are "complex" are not your typical migraine... mostly painless but a still a million times worse.  (Being scared is worse than being in pain.)  And returning to a supportive colleague was good.

*



No comments: