Saturday, January 05, 2019

opportunistic big factor

Yesterday the Violent Femmes was playing inside Shoppers Drug Mart, where I had stopped to pick up a prescription.  It created an interesting juxtaposition to the heart rate and blood pressure reader, aisle full of compression socks, and rack of reading glasses.  Myself, with one foot in each world, humming along to Gone, Daddy Gone, while browsing night creams.  (I didn't buy one.)

Last night S spent the night at Big J's place, and as always I was struck by how - although I love him obnoxiously -, much better I sleep when I am alone.  Not that I'm really alone with three dogs up my nose.  But it also made me think about Ray (which is all I have been thinking about lately) and how it must feel to him to be alone in his 2500 square foot house, without his wife, forever.  It makes my heart hurt.

Later this morning I am going downtown to meet them, S and Big J, perhaps for coffee, and more notably to look at shoes.  This holiday I have been attempting to focus my thoughts and set my intentions on the theme of balance; I have also bought three pairs of shoes, which one might argue does not show much respect for balance, but I think it does because none of them has a particularly tall heel.

*





No comments: