Saturday, December 23, 2017

damning

My mother used to damn my eyes all the time when I was a teenager.  I mean she used to curse me that way, Damn your eyes!, when she was angry.  Most often she shouted it, but I remember more clearly the time that she repeated it several times quietly, because that time she meant it more than the other times.  That time she really was damning my eyes in the hopes I would go blind, or perhaps wishing that my eyes would pop out of their sockets and explode in front of her, a juicy burst of blood and aqueous humor.  So far the curse hasn't taken.  My eyes are alright; I am hopeful they will remain insusceptible to the curse that has been placed upon them.

*

2 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

I've always found that a strange curse. Mean-spirited.

mischief said...

Odd, isn't it? Not that there are many friendly curses but this one seems extra scary to me.