Friday, December 01, 2017

D - again

I have raised D's case to the attention of someone with some power - I think - and this afternoon she came to the school to meet with him and me.  Because he has become so hopeless lately, I was afraid he would not talk to her, would not give her the ammunition she needs to speak for him.  And at first he didn't.  But as the conversation appeared to be wrapping up, I saw a look in his eye that told me he had something to say, and I asked him to say it.  He hedged a moment.  And I niggled (the way I have learned to do with this one).  And suddenly he opened up and spilled it all.  Most notably, he talked about the border-hop he did with his little brother, counting on his mother to pick him up on the other side, and how she didn't show up to get him.

My heart breaks every time I meet with this kid.  Absolutely breaks.  Truly if it wouldn't destroy my marriage I would bring him home and raise him myself. 

The advocate - who deals with incredible stories all the time - said that she has never heard of anything like this young man's situation.  

I don't know how this will turn out for him yet... but I continue to pray for him in my non-prayer kind of way.  I have come to love this boy.  He needs and deserves a chance to become who he wants to be.

*

No comments: