Tuesday, October 17, 2017

now your eyes see through me

I have been selected by my union to become a mediator for staff who are having disputes.  This is an interesting turn of events, as I tried to get this job about three years ago and was turned away because I didn't belong to enough committees (read any committees).  I still don't belong to any committees; the only difference this time is that I have become friends with one of the women on the executive committee who probably sold me during the vote.  I wonder about the ethics of this sort of thing.

The upshot is that I get two free university courses on conflict resolution and mediation, which is a prize that I consider a real prize because I love going to school, especially when I'm getting paid to do it, and especially when that's happening during work hours.  Mediating disputes between colleagues has potential to be very interesting too.

*

No comments: