Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Day 6

Day 4 was fine.  Day 5 was really hard for some reason, maybe because I didn't drink enough water, or maybe because I had to come back to school in the evening to give a presentation to 200 parents about graduation requirements, blah blah.  Maybe both reasons.  I felt gross.

Today was better again, probably the best so far.  I wonder if there are magical healing things happening inside my body the way the research promised, or if really, all I'm doing is getting skinny really fast.  I didn't do this for weight loss, and I did not predict how rapidly my weight would drop.  I've lost about 10 pounds in 6 days, which is ridiculous.  My pants are falling off and my hip bones are pointy enough to injure anyone who brushes up against me.

We researched how to end a fast and learned that sadly, one cannot order a pizza the day after the fast ends.  Apparently it takes a few days of slowly reintroducing foods, starting with juice, fruit, vegetables, etc..  So we decided to complete day 7 and then start refeeding on days 8, 9, and 10 with the fantasy that we'd be ready to eat somewhat normally by day 11.  I hope that's true because I really want to order a pizza.

*

Today was one of those days where I had to spend lots of time talking to the Ministry and to the police.  These days are so sad, when I really deeply think of what some people's lives are like outside our reach.  It's hard to imagine, even though the details are written in my notebook.


*

No comments: