Saturday, July 02, 2016

I like the flower but not the garden

It has been fifteen months since BPPV first struck, rendering me dizzy and disoriented.  I wondered at the time if I was having a stroke, but my thoughts were so clear, it seemed unlikely.  The fact I could not walk without falling down was puzzling, however.  And frightening.

Months of physiotherapy and canalith repositioning maneuvers were nearly completely futile.  The good news is that is the body heals itself anyway, eventually.  It just takes longer than one would hope. It has now been nearly four months since the last episode of dizziness, the longest since it first began.  Long enough that I have begun to sleep on the "wrong" side again with no negative repercussions.  Long enough that I have repurchased my yoga membership because I feel confident(ish) that I can finally tip myself upsidedown without becoming unable to return to the upright position.  This is a test I will undertake on Monday with some trepidation - but I think it's going to be okay.

*






No comments: