Monday, September 28, 2015

when you want something and you don't want to pay for it

Adam says I am his spirit guide.  I do not want to be Adam's spirit guide, but perhaps one does not get to choose these things.   I wonder how people used to get in touch with their spirit guides before they could just send them text messages.  Adam wants to know if he should stand up for himself in Department meetings.  He wants to know if people like him.  He wants to know if he will have a job next year.

I want to know why he waxes his silly little moustache into points, but I don't care enough to ask him outright.  Instead I stare at it and try to imagine him using it like cats use their whiskers to determine the size of spaces through which they are small enough to crawl.

My advice to Adam is always to slow down and think about who he needs on his side.  My advice is to respect the crotchety old Department Head who does not, yet, respect him.  Earn your place, boy...  Wait.  Listen.  Learn.

I am a spirit guide.  Breathe in my wisdom.


*




No comments: