Sunday, September 13, 2015

ink

The black ink spot that leaks cancer into the back of my brain is telling me Ophelia is going to die soon.  It has been about two weeks since she has eaten much of anything.  We have been to the vet three times and received a myriad of medications, none of which are doing any good.  She is fading.  It takes too long to get any answers.

We have an ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday, which seems like a year from now.  I want to let her go peacefully but the system makes us wait, triage, wait, rule it out, triage triage triage.



*


I took her to another vet this afternoon because I couldn't bear doing nothing, knowing these medications are doing nothing to help her.  Knowing she is hungry but cannot eat.  Knowing she is uncomfortable.  How could I do nothing.  How could I just wait and wait?  The vet still has her now.  He is giving her intravenous fluids and nutrition, and will take some X-Rays.  Another set of eyes on her, another round of opinions.  Maybe he can help.  Or at least make her more comfortable.  I just don't want her to suffer.


*

No comments: