Saturday, May 10, 2014

sounds like

Ophelia is better again, running around the house, pole vaulting off the furniture, acting like nothing happened on Thursday.  I wonder if these episodes could be connected to the injections the vet is giving her to manage her arthritis.  Is that possible?  The attacks seem to line up with the injections, timing-wise.  Or maybe I am just looking for ways to explain and take control of the simple fact she, and all of us, are getting older and more frail.  In any case, I am happy to see Ophelia chomping on her treats, and barking at squirrels in the yard, and chasing the boy dogs, and being her usual sassy self.



*


My job is officially safe now.  My principal came to tell me after school on Friday.  What a lot of drama for nothing.  Apparently someone (don't know whether it was union or employer) convinced Crazy Sue to let go of her position at my school.  I think she gets a more desirable job somewhere else as a reward for cooperating, but about that I could not possibly care less.  As long as she is finally, and permanently, out of my hair, I do not care if karma manages to kick her teeth out or not.

This halts our discussions about moving and becoming Islanders - for now, but not permanently.  Eventually I think we will still make this move, but it will be nicer to do it on our own terms and our own timeline, as opposed to being rushed by things out of our control.

This should be my last post about Crazy Sue.  Ever.


*confetti*



*


I went to BB's house with another colleague last night, and we talked for hours and ate a lot of unhealthy things.  This was fun.  I wonder why I am usually such a hermit.




*


1 comment:

Secret Agent Woman said...

That IS good news!