Thursday, May 08, 2014

miracles and fibrocartilaginous embolisms

My union representative phoned me today and apologized for her ineffective communication.  A miracle.  An apology and an acknowledgment of accountability from someone in the union.  It's practically unheard of.  She also alluded to the possibility that my job might be safe after all as there may be "some movement" on Crazy Sue's part in her decision to take a neverending medical leave.  She also told me not to celebrate until papers have been signed because Crazy Sue still holds the cards and can change her mind until she has signed.  (I am still going to celebrate the apology from the union representative, because that truly is something.)  We had a long conversation about union politics and union bullshit, and I learned that she is one of those people who is much better in conversation than in writing.  In conversation, she made more sense, was not abrupt and rude, and managed to leave me feeling like she was making an effort.  It's a shame I needed to throw such a tantrum to get this kind of reaction, but I am glad that I did, no matter the outcome.



*

Ophelia continues to have trouble with her back legs.  Sometimes they work, every once in a while they stop working.  Each time we don't know if they'll come back.  It's scary.  I hate watching her age.  (I hate watching everyone I love age.  I hate watching myself age.)  I do not know how long we have left with her, and it makes me terribly sad.




*





No comments: