Wednesday, February 26, 2014

a couple of things that interfere with sleep

Union is ramping up to go on strike again.  Sometimes I wish I had chosen a private sector career, and while I'm changing careers, it might as well be the kind of career where I can wear headphones all day and only take them off when I engage in spirited ping pong tournaments with my co-workers.


*


Last night we were awoken at 2am by the sound of a car alarm, and opened the front door to discover an abandoned vehicle on fire on our front lawn.  Exciting.


*

5 comments:

mischief said...

Thanks.

Brown said...

I was inclined to leave something profound and poignant, but after Steve's comment, all I really have is shit. I've never woken up to anything that crazy before. Although, my dog does wake me up from time to time to throw up his meal after eating grass.

Now that I think about it, I'd much prefer a car fire. I like fire...as long as it doesn't ruin my lawn I suppose.

mischief said...

I know, Steve's comment was intimidating wasn't it? I almost didn't bother to read the whole thing. ;)

My dogs wake me up with vomit too sometimes, and to be honest I have sometimes not bothered to get up and deal with it until morning because I'm just too tired. The car fire was more exciting than barf, but I think it if began to happen on a regular basis it, too, would become old hat.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Ha ha ha ha! That first comment was hysterical.

Okay, now to the actual post. Wow! That's a little crazy to find a burning car outside your home!

mischief said...

Yes, that first comment was really something, so much so that I decided not to delete it. :) I am pleased you enjoyed it.

The burning car was quite a spectacle. Not something you see every day… and I'm okay with that.