Monday, November 04, 2013

Mr. CreepyBeard

Mr. CreepyBeard is an interesting character.  He is extraordinarily squat, not short enough for him to qualify as a dwarf, but very short.  I am not a tall person myself, but I can see the top of CreepyBeard's head.  He is also quite rotund; although he has thin (short) legs, his tummy is perfectly round as though he swallowed a beach ball.  He has shaggy grey hair, and a giant grizzly grey beard.  He looks as if he would be perfectly at home in Middle Earth, probably carrying a battleaxe.

The more unusual thing about Mr. CreepyBeard is his peculiar social behaviours, underscored by the fact that he teaches social skills to children with autism.  Mr. CreepyBeard has a signature at the bottom of his emails that reads, Regret is the fervent desire for a different past.  I wonder why he chose this to be his signature for his professional email account.  I wonder without judgment.  Well no, actually I judge.  I judge it to be an odd way to sign off when sending emails at work.  I also find it to be a clumsy arrangement of words, unmelodious, but I do not know whether he authored this signature or plagiarized it.  The point is that I do not judge him, just the appropriateness of the phrase.

Mr. CreepyBeard amuses me with emails in which he frequently invites my opinion or help with various questions. When I respond with my thoughts he invariably responds back telling me that my ideas are useless to him because he has something better.  And then uses my idea anyway.

I find Mr. CreepyBeard entertaining in small doses.  The important part will be maintaining small doses.



*

No comments: