Monday, November 25, 2013

hit the road

I think that I am going to fire Charlie.

Once this show is over (Thursday), I am pretty sure I am going to cut him loose.  He is a volunteer, not an employee, but he is becoming a burden rather than a help.  And I do not need an extra pain in the ass when I already have a roomful of them.

Charlie keeps making obnoxious comments about "his" play, and offering people front row seats, and other aggravating things he does not have the authority to do.  He also tells the sound guy to play sound cues without running them by me first.  His sense of what and how much he has contributed to this show is ridiculous.

Basically he has gone from being a somewhat pleasant visitor to being a pest.  I wish him gone.  He has earned the right to watch the show throughout the run, and then I am going to banish him.

(This is big talk though.  Because I do not feel comfortable telling him to go away because I know how badly he needs somewhere to be.  I know how lost he is.  The fact that this 20 year-old young man wants to spend his spare time hanging out at his former high school is evidence of how little he has going for him.  So how can I hurt him by telling him to go away?)

But I'm going to do it anyway.  Somehow.  Because I am cruel like that.


*



2 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

Ooh - that's a tough one!

mischief said...

Very. I've been rehearsing my (gentle) goodbye all week.