Wednesday, October 23, 2013

this is how you lose her

Some days I've really got it all together.  Can simultaneously talk BB in off a ledge and help her barter peace with a colleague while juggling a lunch meeting (and getting minutes sent off to everyone with time to spare) and covering RDub's class so he can make an appointment with his son.  And still make it to afternoon rehearsal in a good mood, take great notes, get good feedback, and then get J to her riding lesson in time.  All while wearing heels.

Or ... maybe I actually forgot to show up for NC's class that I had somehow also agreed to cover without realising it was at the same as RDub's.  And maybe I was so confused I told admin I had no idea what they were talking about when they asked me about my double booking.  And I might have even followed that up with a sassy email to admin telling them to quit assigning me to cover other people's classes when it was actually ME who made the arrangement with NC.

Whatever.  I might have been fabulous today.  On another plane I'm pretty sure I rocked it.

I'm kind of a fan of apologies.  That is, I believe in making them when I owe them, and making them good.  Sincere and immediate.  (I count at least three apology coffees that I need to bring to work tomorrow.  I might need to bring a couple extra just in case I fucked up anything else I haven't figured out yet.)


*




1 comment:

Nic said...

But you're beautiful, so what does it matter? xx