Thursday, September 05, 2013

Since you asked...

I may have neglected to mention that Crazy Sue is MIA.  She vanished near the end of May and no one (at work) has seen her since.  At the end of May no one was surprised she disappeared because she was being investigated, which was undoubtedly uncomfortable.  The investigator found her guilty of harassment, which resulted in a note being placed in her employee file and a recommendation that she attend a conflict resolution class.  But nothing else.  She was not moved, she was not forced to leave the school.

So we were surprised when she did not return in September.  To be fair, I am certain it is difficult to return to a workplace in which you know people have been talking about you.  It must be embarrassing.    But Crazy Sue was offered the opportunity to go and work at another school - and turned it down.

Apparently she has booked a substitute until the end of October.  No one thinks she will come back though.  And if I was a wealthy woman nearing retirement anyway, I wouldn't come back either.  I really hope she stays gone.  I really really really really hope she stays gone.

The substitute teacher, Ashley, is sweet.  And today I asserted myself (the way I should have done with Crazy Sue) by asking her not to let her students rehearse loud screamy plays right outside my (non-soundproof) doors.  And lo and behold, instead of having a temper tantrum or refusing to listen, Non-Crazy Ashley said sure and life carried on for both of us.  Wonderful.

So that, I hope, is my last post about Crazy Sue forever and ever.  Amen.



*

2 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

Yay! I hope Ashley stays on permanently.

mischief said...

I do too! Crazy Sue has informed the school board she will not be back at all this school year (happy dance) so Ashley is invited to apply for the job for the whole year. I hope she gets it and isn't thwarted by our crazy union, who like to thwart new young teachers at every opportunity.