Sunday, September 29, 2013

hairpin turn

My friendship with RDub has evolved, mostly because of Italy.  He sometimes pays my bill when he should not.  (He should not because he has two children and his wife stays home with the kids, which means he is supporting all these people on a teacher salary.)  But he does.  I try to even the score as often as possible but it takes effort and I am inherently unobservant and lazy.  

My latest attempt at paying back involved buying a new kind of beer at the pub.  I bought it because I knew the bartender and he told me it was wonderful.  He lied.  It is bitter and revolting.  It was horrible.  Even RDub, who seems to like all beer, admitted it was awful.  (He still drank it.)  I hated it and so he drank mine too.  I don't think I can count this as repayment since it was so terrible.  




*



4 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like the bar keep bought too many and he's selling them off one a time

mischief said...

That could be it. It's hard to imagine he actually likes this beer.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Was it more bitter than other IPAs?

mischief said...

Yes, much more bitter than I expected. I don't usually mind IPA (though it's not my favourite) but this one was extremely bitter. Unpleasantly so.