Sunday, January 27, 2013

not while I'm eating

Last night I dreamed that my sister was trying to kill me.  She was blocking my vehicle to stop me from leaving, and attempting to kill me in a way that was totally devoid of passion or anger.  Just a clinical attempt at ending my life by whatever means were available to her, which in this case was a handful of pins that she pushed into my mouth and down my throat.  I was pulled out of sleep by Ophelia's welcome and well-timed request for breakfast, at which point in the dream I was on the phone with police begging for help, spitting out bloody pins while I talked, the violence strangely juxtaposed against Ophelia's loving nudges pulling me awake.



*







3 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

I hate dreams like that. And I have them frequently. So disturbing.

Jerry said...

I have dreams such as this rarely, but when I do it will take quite a few hours for me to shake it.
I'm sure that the contrast and Ophelia was jarring. I hope Ophelia's attention shook the fearful cobwebs from your head.

mischief said...

Dreams like this disturb me very much too. I was grateful to the dog for interrupting, and for giving me comforting kisses to make it easier to come back to reality quickly (even though she was in it for the cupboard love).