Saturday, September 15, 2012

I've been dividing my grieving

I like the way the back of my neck melts, I like the surprise taste of salt.  The opening of the hollow space beneath my throat, the stretching of the places between my ribs.  Most of all I like the unexpected softening in bones that felt impossibly rigid, impossibly arid and neutral; I like to expand and breathe.  Like a memory I thought I had lost.  These moments I remember being Intrepid, these moments I do not wait and react, these moments I do not calcualate the cost of anything.


*

3 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

Well, synchronicity. I was just writing, in my own vague way, about grief.

Catching up, your Mom's suddenly leap (descent?) into teen-like responses on FB cracked me up. My ex-husband, who is far too old for such silliness, texts that way and I give him grief about it every time.

Secret Agent Woman said...

*sudden, not suddenly - I started in one direction with that and changed my mind.

J.B. Chicoine said...

I love the imagery--so abstract and concrete at the same time. You do have a special way of expressing deep emotion...