Monday, October 09, 2006

the first cut is the deepest

It's Thanksgiving here. Back home we used to invite the Orphans for dinner - everyone we knew who didn't have family nearby to spend it with. This year we are the orphans. Even though we travelled home for pretend-Thanksgiving with my family on Saturday, I kind of miss the way things were in some ways. Sometimes.

Still, I am thankful for many things this year, and overall. I have a wonderful loving husband and soulmate, I have a new developing closeness with my extended family, I have the opportunity to explore new career avenues, I have had the chance to travel and to learn from people on the other side of the world, I have two sweet puppies that give me all the love I can stand, I have a nice home, I have friends and confidantes who bless me with their friendship and support, I have my health and the good health of those closest to me, we have enough money in the bank to pay the bills with enough leftover to feel secure indulging in a few treats. Things are good. I know I am lucky.



*

No comments: