Sunday, April 02, 2006

That's how dudes be gettin' sick

I always feel like laughing when she boasts about her "blue sea diamond". He sent me one too; perhaps he sent out a series of them to soft-hearted saps who each believed there was some special thought behind this gift. It's not that I care if the gift was expensive, I just care that it was meant for me, and not purchased in bulk to send to everyone.

One day when I was dusting the window-ledge with the vaccuum attachment, I accidentally vaccuumed up the blue sea diamond and heard it thump-thumping its way through the vaccuum hose and through the vaccuum pipes that ran throughout the house. If, at this point, I hadn't known that the "blue sea diamond" was yet another piece of generic garbage, I could see myself standing in the basement up to my knees in dust and hairballs trying to fish it out of the vaccuum bag. Fortunately, as it was, by this point, I was aware of how little this thing meant to him and though I hadn't been hard enough to throw it away on purpose, it certainly didn't sting much to let it stay where it landed.

No comments: