Thursday, July 11, 2024

To gracefully let someone in and back out

 - RG is in Australia, an interesting development. He has remained in touch, a thing that surprises me each time he does it. I look for his angle and I do not find it. It is possible that he is my friend. 

- I went for beers with MK last week. I know his angle.  He wants free therapy and I don’t really mind providing it.  It’s fine. MS is looking for the same and I accepted her invitation too. It’s funny that they don’t just use their health spending accounts. 

- I went to my own session last week, the third one so far. I told her she is good at what she does, and I think this is true. Especially the part about ‘sitting with it’ for a moment when everything in me wants to blow right past it and move on.  Sitting with it is a good instinct on her part.  I do not sit with it very long or very often. 

- I will be presenting at FP next month about social media and mental health. And at a counsellor conference in October on decolonization of mental health services in schools.  And in November on adolescent sexual health.  Giving presentations is not something I particularly enjoy but it is part of my job now and so I am working at becoming desensitized. This can be done via gradual exposure. Maybe I will learn to like it. Right?

This captures only facts and nothing, really, of how it feels. I might be too tired to think about that. 




No comments: