Wednesday, August 07, 2019

gorgeous shots

I think my parents would be surprised if they knew how anxiety-provoking I find their yearly visit.  It took less than an hour from their arrival for my mother to mention that I did not phone them on their anniversary.  (Phoning them on their anniversary is something I struggle to remember every single year because it happens during the last week of June when work is occupying every bit of my energy.)  I had anticipated this, which was probably part of why I was picking my thumb to bits.  I do believe they would be surprised to learn that I spend much of July cleaning up the house and picking my fingers to bleeding stumps in preparation for our time together.

I have also rung in August with a lot of running in the park, crazy sex, and three new piercings... endorphins soothe me.  The family is only here until Sunday and then I will have two weeks before the chaos of work begins again.  It goes so quickly; I will give myself time to relax at some point.

*




No comments: