Monday, June 29, 2015

clarity

I dreamed I was moving to live in Hawaii with a man I had just met.  The man was incredibly persuasive about the fact that I ought to leave my life here behind me and move with him to start a new one.  In the end I went with him, not because of him but because I really wanted to live in Hawaii.  Living with someone who was fascinated by every breath I took was a fringe benefit.  In dreams you can amputate pieces of your world painlessly.  In reality, phantom pains tingle just at the thought.  My dreams are not wishes; they are something more difficult to define.


*

2 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

It's a universal wish, I think, to chuck it all and go somewhere where we are perfectly understood. As if there is such a place or situation.

mischief said...

I agree with you that is one of those universal wonderings… and yet I am astonished by those who actually do it.